Reading Progress:

SPECIAL: Gain Admission Into 200 Level To Study In Any University Via IJMB | NO JAMB | LOW FEES | Call 08100050161, 08057580310 To Register!

Boluwatife Adesakin

I trust you’d enjoy this informative news

Subscribe to our newletter for FREE to get informative contents as this.

I trust you’ll enjoy this informative news

Subscribe to our newletter for FREE to get informative contents as this.

ASUU: We Were Never Paid N52.12bn, ASUU Refuted Federal Government

by | Dec 16, 2021 | 0 comments

Reading Time: ( Word Count: )

ASUU Strike: We Were Never Paid N52.12bn, ASUU Refuted Federal Government

ASUU Strike: We Were Never Paid N52.12bn, ASUU Refuted Nigige, Minister of Labour
ASUU: We Were Never Paid N52.12bn, ASUU Refuted Federal Government 2

Your claim of releasing N52.12bn to us is deceptive – ASUU slams FG

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has rebutted Chris Ngige, the Minister of Labour and Employment, who claimed that the union was handed N52.12 billion.

Comrade Abdulkadir Muhammad, the union’s Kano Zonal Coordinator, described the claim as “deceptive, misleading, and aimed at smearing the image of our Union and members in the public eye,” adding that only N22.17 billion was released as Earned Academic Allowance (EAA), with only 75% (N16.6 billion) going to union members and the remaining 25% going to sister unions.

Muhammad advised the Minister to “always put problems in right perspective and abstain from playing risky politics,” noting that the union is dissatisfied with the government’s attempt to trivialize its campaign and make it appear as if it was all about money.

More Detailed Explanation:

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has refuted Minister of Labour and Employment Chris Ngige’s assertions that the union received N52.12 billion in revitalization funds and earned allowances.

The accusation, according to ASUU’s Kano Zonal Coordinator, Comrade Abdulkadir Muhammad, is false, misleading, and intended at tarnishing the Union’s and its members’ public image.

He explained that only N22.17 billion in Earned Academic Allowance (EAA) was disbursed, with only N16.6 billion going to union members and the rest N5.5 billion going to other academic unions.

ASUU denies getting N52.12 billion from the federal government. Only N20 billion was granted to university managements to repair infrastructural degradation on campuses, according to Mohammed, and nothing was given to any member of ASUU out of the N30 billion given for revitalization.

He urged the minister to quit trivializing the union’s campaign and making it appear as if it was all about money.

If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Editorial Staff

Editorial Staff

We pride ourselves as content creators here at learnerstent where we enjoy contributing blog posts, tutorials, and documentation about all things related to education.

LATEST SCHOOL NEWS

JAMB Releases Date for 2022 UTME Registration
JAMB Releases Date for 2022 UTME Registration

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board on Monday announced that the registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and the Direct Entry examination will commence by February 12, 2022. The board made this known in its weekly bulletin released by...

JAMB Releases Date for 2022 UTME Registration
NIN, Mandate the delay of UTME registration, says JAMB in 2022

Due to events beyond its control, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) announced on Monday that pre-examination activities, including registration for the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, would begin late. The board also justified its...

EFCC Returns Stolen N326,000 to UNIBEN Student As Christmas Gift.
EFCC Returns Stolen N326,000 to UNIBEN Student As Christmas Gift.

Diemesor Gabriel, a Chemical Engineering student at the University of Benin, received N326,000 as a Christmas present. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) made this possible on Friday, December 24. Gabriel had complained in September about the illegal...

9Million Naira Won By 3 LASU Lecturers Research Innovation Grant
9Million Naira Won By 3 LASU Lecturers Research Innovation Grant

Professor Samuel Odewunmi of the School of Transport and Logistics, Professor Oluwatosin Benedict Adu of the Biochemistry Department, and Dr. Gbemisola Moronke Saibu, a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Biochemistry, have all been awarded grants worth N9 million by...

Find Teaching Jobs Today!

With over 10k colleges and institutions near you in need of professional teachers.

Sponsored links

More Educational Reports On Learnerstent