YSU Direct Entry Screening Form for 2021/2022
Yobe State University (YSU) is now accepting applications for its Direct Entry Screening exercise for the 2021/2022 academic year. The YSU Direct Entry application is now available for purchase.
This is to inform all candidates who apply for admission through the UTME that a screening exercise will be conducted for those who chose Yobe State University as their FIRST CHOICE with an aggregate score of 140 and above, as well as Direct Entry candidates, from the office of the Registrar, Yobe State University, Damaturu.
NOTE: All candidates who wish to take part in the screening must meet the following criteria:
- An candidate for direct entrance must have received a least ‘A’ Level qualification/grade relevant to his or her chosen program.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes, including English and Mathematics, in not more than two (2) sittings in the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE), the National Examination Council (NECO), the National Business and Technical Education Board (NABTEB), and the National Board for Arabic and Islamic Studies (NBAIS);
- Prior to the Post-UTME screening, he or she must have posted his or her ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level result(s), if applicable, on the JAMB Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) platform.
Courses that are available
|ARTS AND EDUCATION|
|EDUCATION ENGLISH LANGUAGE|
|EDUCATION ISLAMIC STUDIES|
|COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES|
|SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES|
How to Fill Out a YSU Direct Entry Application
- On Friday, October 1, 2021, ONLINE REGISTRATION for post-UTME/DE screening for 2021/2022 admission began.
- Candidates must generate a remita and receive an RRR number at any Cyber Café.
- Pay the sum of 2,000.00 Naira only through Remita and print the slip online or at any bank.
- Yobe State University’s Post-UTME Portal may be found at https://ysu.edu.ng/putme.
All candidates who wish to take part in the screening must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must have selected Yobe State University as their first option and achieved the minimum cut-off marks for the departments to which they applied.
- Candidates who do not meet the required cut-off marks for the programs they selected as initial choices but have the necessary score to shift to other relevant programs must go to the JAMB portal to do so.
- Candidates must send all pending A’ level and O’ level results not uploaded during UTME/DE registration to the JAMB admission site for consideration.
- False claims will render applications void, and such claimants will be handed over to the proper authorities, so provide correct and precise information during the post UTME/DE online registration.
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2021.
I wish you the best of luck and ask that you accept the Vice Chancellor’s heartfelt greetings.
The excellent concept of building a state university in Damaturu was suggested to the state government by the Yobe State Blueprint Committee, whose sub-committee on higher education issued a report outlining the need for a university in Yobe.
Following the NUC’s encouragement of state and private organizations to construct viable universities, and the state’s rapid expansion of post primary and tertiary institutions, it was clear that a significant number of potential university candidates would emerge seeking admission into Yobe’s universities.